Free guided tours of Parliament are available to all constituents. The walking tour of the Palace of Westminster includes:
- Westminster Hall, the ancient hall at the heart of the Palace where Parliament first sat and where many historic events have taken place
- The House of Commons, including the Speaker's Chair and the famous green benches and the 'lobbies' where MPs actually vote
- The House of Lords, including the Royal Throne
- The Queen's Robing Room, Royal Gallery and many other fascinating parts of the Palace of Westminster
The times for the tours when the House is sitting are as follows:
- Monday: 9am-12pm (full tour)
- Tuesday: 9am-9.55 am (full tour), 10am-12pm (House of Lords tour only)
- Wednesday: 9am - 9.55am (full tour), 10am - 12pm (House of Lords tour only)
- Thursday: No tours
- Sitting Fridays: 3.30pm - 5.15pm (full tour)
Be aware, the House only offers free guided tours in the weeks that Parliament is sitting – recess dates can be found here. However, commercial tours, for which there may be a charge, are available during recess and on some weekends. Further information on all tours can be found here, and please contact my office to see if I can assist you in booking your visit.
When you email, I would be grateful if you could provide me with three date options for your visit, and if you could let me know how many are in your party and the earliest and latest time you are available on those days. I will also need to know if any of your party will require additional assistance during your visit.
Please also note that all tours are very popular and places are limited, so you may have to book up to six months in advance.