Free guided tours of Parliament are available to all constituents. The walking tour of the Palace of Westminster includes:
- Westminster Hall, the ancient hall at the heart of the Palace where Parliament first sat and where many historic events have taken place
- The House of Commons, including the Speaker's Chair and the famous green benches and the 'lobbies' where MPs actually vote
- The House of Lords, including the Royal Throne
- The Queen's Robing Room, Royal Gallery and many other fascinating parts of the Palace of Westminster
Be aware, the House only offers free guided tours in the weeks that Parliament is sitting – recess dates can be found here. However, commercial tours, for which there is a charge, are available during recess and on some weekends. Information on commercial tours can be found here.
The times for the tours when the House is sitting are as follows:
- Monday: 9am-12pm (full tour)
- Tuesday: 9am-9.55 am (full tour), 10am-12pm (House of Lords tour only)
- Wednesday: 9am - 9.55am (full tour), 10am - 12pm (House of Lords tour only)
- Thursday: No tours
- Sitting Fridays: 3.30pm - 5.15pm (full tour)
Please note that all tours are very popular and places are limited, so you will have to book six months in advance. If you would like to visit on a free guided tour, please email me to enquire about a visit to Westminster.
When you email, I would be grateful if you could provide me with three date options for your visit, and if you could let me know how many are in your party and the earliest and latest time you are available on those days. I will also need to know if any of your party will require additional assistance during your visit.