Giles Watling, Member of Parliament for Clacton, has today received confirmation that the consultation for the proposal to relocate the Clacton Post Office will commence from the 30th January 2019. The public consultation will run from 30th January 2019 to 13th March 2019.
The Post Office is seeking views on the proposal to relocate the branch from its current location to WHSmith store, 51 Pier Avenue, Clacton on Sea, CO15 1QQ.
The Post Office are keen to have feedback on the following points
- How easy is it to get to the proposed new location?
- Are the new premises easy to access?
- Are they easily accessible once inside?
- Are there any other local community issues which you believe could be affected by or affect the proposed move?
- If the move were to proceed is there anything that could be done to make it easier for customers?
When this proposed move first came to light a number of local residents contacted Giles to raise their concerns about the proposal. Giles is keen for local residents to participate in this consultation to ensure their views are heard, whether they be supporting or opposing the proposal.
You can contribute here: Consultation Hub - Clacton On Sea CO15 1NP
“I encourage local residents to participate in this consultation to ensure their views are heard. Residents have until 13th March to engage in this consultation.”